Imagine for a moment life without a water heater in your home. Showers would be unbearably cold. Dishes and laundry would not get adequately cleaned. You wouldn't even be able to wash your hands under warm water. Let's face it, a water heater is a simple luxury that would be hard to live without. This is why it's important to stay on top of water heater maintenance. There are times you may need to call a Pittsburgh plumber to get it repaired. There may also come a time you need a new water heater installed. If it is time to get your water heater replaced, here are some pros and cons of getting a traditional gas-powered water heater.
Pros of Traditional Gas-Powered Water Heaters
- When compared to water heaters that are powered by electricity, gas-powered water heaters are not usually as expensive to operate.
- When it comes to gas-powered water heaters, you can opt for either a 20-gallon capacity or an 80-gallon capacity, whichever size best suits the needs of your household.
- Traditional gas-powered water heater installation costs much less than installing a tankless water heater.
- These types of water heaters are fairly easy to replace and maintain.
- Since they do not run on electricity, a gas-powered water heater will still work during a power outage.
Cons of Traditional Gas-Powered Water Heaters
- The average lifespan of a traditional gas-powered water heater is only 8-12 years, which means you will have to replace it more often.
- You need a special closet or a larger space for a traditional gas-powered water heater.
- Hot water might not always be readily available as there may be times you have to wait for the water to heat up.
- The water in the tank can become corroded or start to rust.
- It is not uncommon for traditional gas-powered water heaters to start leaking.
Is it time for you to get a new water heater? Are you having a hard time making your decision about what type to get? If you would like to discuss whether or not a traditional gas-powered water heater would suit the needs of your household, contact our professionals at Stahl Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning. Not only do we specialize in water heater installation, we also provide 24/7 emergency services.