Not every plumbing problem requires a call to a plumber. In fact, with the right tools, you’ll be surprised at how handy you can be. Clogged toilets and leaky pipes can be handled in a matter of minutes when your tool box has the following 5 must-have tools:
- The plunger: Every home should have 2 plungers: a toilet plunger and a sink plunger. Use the wrong one for the job and you’ll end up frustrated and getting nowhere fast.
- Plumbing snake: Also called a drain auger, this tool helps you clear stubborn drains when plunging isn’t doing the trick.
- Duct tape: Have a leaky pipe? Apply some duct tape to temporarily stop the leak while you wait for a plumber to arrive. There is also a product called plumber’s putty that does the same thing.
- Basin wrench: This is a great tool to have if you need to loosen PVC pipe fittings. If you’re making a repair to pipe fittings, the basin wrench is going to be your best friend.
- Adjustable pipe wrench: Not all residential plumbing is the same size. That’s why an adjustable pipe wrench is a great tool to have when you’re tightening pipes or other plumbing components. Use it with your duct tape to prevent the wrench from leaving teeth marks on your pipes.
What do you do when you have a plumbing problem and these basic tools aren’t enough to fix the issue? You call Stahl Plumbing. Our team of licensed plumbers has all types of tools and equipment that we use to clear tough sewer clogs, fix burst pipes, and replace broken fixtures. Not every plumbing problem can be fixed by handy homeowners. Sometimes you need the expertise of experienced plumbing professionals, and we’re ready to help you today. Let our plumbers help you put your residential plumbing back together again. Give us a call 24 hours a day at 412-273-1000 for the best plumbing services in Pittsburgh.