A toilet that is not performing at its fullest potential does not make for a fun day. From a tank that won’t stop running water to a toilet flush valve that malfunctions, it can be a nuisance to troubleshoot the causes of commode problems. Things like toilet valve repair are relatively easy, and repair kits are available at home improvement stores. If you’re handy, here are some common toilet issues and how to rectify them.
- A loose handle on the toilet is one of the easiest issues to determine and fix, and is the least problematic. Either adjust the handle or reattach the lift chain or wires that became dislodged.
- A toilet that runs continuously is not only noisy — it can be expensive, too! In just a couple hours, hundreds of gallons of water can be wasted. Fortunately, repair toilet valve solutions are easy. Toilet fill valve repair can be administered by anyone. First, you’ll want to try adjusting the lift chain, water level or fill valve. If these solutions aren’t satisfactory, total toilet tank fill valve repair must be done. You can purchase a toilet repair fill valve kit to get the job done.
- If the toilet is louder than usual when it fills, it usually means refill tube is disconnected, or the ballcock and float valve should be replaced. A toilet repair refill valve kit can nip a noisy toilet in the bud.
- If you have to hold down the handle while the toilet flushes – or if the toilet won’t flush at all – this could be a sign of lift chains or wires that are too short and should be modified. Another possibility is that the flapper is waterlogged and needs to be replaced.
- Water that collects around the base of the toilet could indicate loose water connections or tank bolts; simply tighten them. Another likelihood of water on the bathroom floor is that the toilet base is due for a new wax ring. In more dire cases, the toilet bowl or tank could be cracked, which definitely necessitates a phone call to a plumber.
If do-it-yourself plumbing is not a strong point for you, and you’d rather leave repairs to the experts, Stahl Plumbing can perform the following tasks in your home or business:
- Toilet flush valve repair
- Toilet float valve repair
- Toilet inlet valve repair
- Toilet flapper valve repair
- Toilet fill valve repair
No brand of commode is foreign to Stahl Plumbing, either. Master plumbers are specialized in areas like Kohler toilet fill valve repair as well as Mansfield toilet flush valve repair. Stahl Plumbing also tackles both flapper-style and siphon-style toilets, ensuring that any homeowner or business owner can call Stahl and trust that toilet repairs will be completed quickly and inexpensively.
If you run into an emergency situation with your toilet, Stahl Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning in Pittsburgh is available 24 hours a day to repair toilet fill valve maladies and more. All you have to do is call 412-273-1000412-273-1000 to have a certified master plumber dispatched to your home or office.